If you are driving to the Gateway Arch, see below for directions from all major interstates in Missouri and Illinois.
Exiting from Missouri Interstates 55, 44, 64/40 and 70
- Interstate 44 East/55 North | Take Exit 292 for Washington Avenue/Eads Bridge/3rd Street, then take the U-turn from the left lane to access Pine Street and downtown.
- Interstate 64 East | Take Exit 40 for the Last Missouri Exit. Turn left onto Gratiot Street, then left onto 4th Street. Continue north on 4th Street to access downtown.
- Interstate 70 East | Take Exit 249B for Tucker Boulevard. Continue south on Tucker Street, then turn left onto Market Street to access downtown.
Exiting from Illinois Interstates 55, 64 and 70 via Poplar Street Bridge, Martin Luther King Bridge, Eads Bridge and Stan Musial Veterans Memorial Bridge
- Poplar Street Bridge (55 South/64 West) | After crossing the bridge, take exit 40D for Memorial Drive. Keep right on the exit and follow signs for Memorial Drive. Continue on Memorial Drive then take a forced left onto Walnut Street to access downtown.
- Martin Luther King Bridge | After crossing the bridge, turn left under the interstate onto Carr Street followed by an immediate left onto Broadway Street to access downtown.
- Eads Bridge | After crossing the bridge, continue straight on Washington Avenue then turn left on Broadway to access downtown.
- Stan Musial Veterans Memorial Bridge | After crossing the bridge, take the left exit for North Tucker Boulevard. Continue south on Tucker Street, then turn left on Market Street to access downtown.
For guests heading to the Gateway Arch Riverboats and wishing to park on the levee, please click here for directions to the riverfront via Chouteau Ave.
ALERT: Riverfront Detour on Weekends| Leonor K Sullivan Blvd access is restricted from 8pm – 6am every Friday, Saturday & Sunday evening. During these times, levee parking and access to the Gateway Arch Riverboats is only available from the NORTH via Laclede’s Landing Blvd., Carr or Biddle Streets. CLICK HERE FOR DETOUR DIRECTIONS.
During construction, please allow extra time as these routes may change due to unscheduled street closures or roadwork. To see a list of current closures, please visit:
Missouri Department of Transportation Weekly Updates
Missouri Department of Transportation’s Traveler Information Map
You may also visit getaroundstl.com for more details about navigating the city of St. Louis.
Please note that due to construction, there is no dedicated parking for the Gateway Arch. View a list of suggested parking locations and look for Visitor Parking signs throughout downtown St. Louis. RVs and other oversized vehicles with height restrictions are encouraged to park in surface lots in downtown St. Louis. Click here to view a PDF of the Preferred Parking locations in downtown St. Louis.
Please note that Walnut Street serves as the main pedestrian route to the Gateway Arch throughout construction. For additional information or assistance, contact our Call Center at 877-982-1410:
Summer (Memorial Day weekend–Labor Day weekend), Monday–Saturday, 8am–8pm and Sunday, 8am–6pm
Winter (Labor Day weekend–Memorial Day weekend), Daily, 9am–5pm Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.