Bus and motorcoach drivers should use these directions to get to the Gateway Arch and Gateway Arch Riverboats from all major Missouri and Illinois interstates.
During construction, the Old Courthouse will serve as the temporary Ticketing and Visitor Center for the Gateway Arch. EACH guest planning to enter the Gateway Arch will be required to have EITHER a Journey to the Top ticket OR an Arch Entry-Only ticket to be allowed access to the facility. The south leg entrance to the Gateway Arch is temporarily closed for maintenance. The north leg entrance will remain open and accessible during this time.
Bus Drop Off at the Old Cathedral is currently unavailable. The main bus drop off location for the Gateway Arch is on Southbound Memorial Drive behind the former Millennium Hotel. Directions below.
For directions to bus pick-up/drop-off areas and designated bus parking, including any current detours, see below.
- Recommended drop-off point for guests visiting the Gateway Arch
- Located on southbound Memorial Drive between Walnut Street & Spruce Street behind the former Millennium Hotel
- Allows for an accessible walk across Walnut Street Bridge to the Arch Grounds (no stairs required)
- Located on the southern edge of the Old Courthouse on Market Street between 4th and Broadway Streets
- Best for those visiting the Old Courthouse first on their itinerary
- Located on South Leonor K. Sullivan Boulevard between Poplar Street and the Gateway Arch Grand Staircase
- Best for those visiting the Gateway Arch Riverboats first on their itinerary
- Allows for an accessible path to the Gateway Arch Riverboats
Please note that pick-up and drop-off areas are exclusively for loading and unloading passengers. Please park your vehicle in the designated complimentary parking area on southbound Leonor K. Sullivan Boulevard along the west side of the road, between the Poplar Street Bridge and Chouteau Avenue.
Please allow extra time to arrive. These routes may change due to unscheduled street closures or roadwork.
To see a list of current closures, please visit:
Missouri Department of Transportation Weekly Updates
Missouri Department of Transportation’s Traveler Information Map
For additional information or assistance, please contact our Call Center at 877-982-1410 with questions:
Summer (Memorial Day weekend–Labor Day weekend), Monday–Saturday, 8am–8pm and Sunday, 8am-6pm
Winter (Labor Day weekend–Memorial Day weekend), Daily, 9am–5pm Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day