Wheelchair access to the Gateway Arch Riverboats via the Arch grounds is now available! See below for route options to the Arch and Riverboats:
Visiting the Riverboats from the Arch grounds: Sloping pathways are now open! These new pathways lead from the Arch grounds down to the riverfront. If driving by car, parking is available on the levee. The Gateway Arch Riverboats are located on the levee below the south leg of the Arch at 50 South Leonor K. Sullivan Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63102.
Visiting the Arch from the Riverboats: You may enter the Arch grounds from the riverfront via the sloping pathways available to the north and south of the Grand Staircase. Another park entrance is available at the north end of the park next to the Eads Bridge.
Visiting the Arch from downtown St. Louis: You may enter the park via the Walnut Street Bridge, located at Memorial Drive and Walnut near the Old Cathedral (209 Walnut Street, St. Louis, MO 63102) or through the north end of the park, accessible through Laclede's Landing.
- Many facilities at the Gateway Arch, Old Courthouse and Gateway Arch Riverboats are wheelchair accessible (with exceptions of the Arch tram, the top of the Arch, the second and third decks of the riverboats and the upper levels of the Old Courthouse). **NOTE ABOUT ADA COMPLIANCE ON THE RIVERFRONT: Due the slope of the levee, the paved pathways to the Gateway Arch Riverboats are not ADA compliant.
- Guests may borrow a wheelchair by leaving a valid form of identification with a National Park Service ranger at the Information Desk inside the Gateway Arch or Old Courthouse.
- Hearing-impaired visitors may request assisted listening and captioning devices for the documentary movie from the Information Desk inside the Gateway Arch.
- Sight-impaired visitors may request audio description devices for the documentary movie from the Information Desk inside the Gateway Arch.
- Service animals (as defined by the US Department of Justice) are permitted at the Gateway Arch and Gateway Arch Riverboats.
- Strollers are permitted everywhere except in the Arch trams and in the Observation Deck at the top of the Gateway Arch. You may park strollers at the loading zones located below the Gateway Arch. Since many families park strollers there, you may want to label yours with a name and address.
For additional information or assistance, please feel free to email email@example.com or contact our Call Center at 877-982-1410.
Call Center Hours:
Summer (Memorial Day weekend–Labor Day weekend), Monday–Saturday, 8am–8pm and Sunday, 8am–6pm
Winter (Labor Day weekend–Memorial Day weekend), Daily, 9am–5pm Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
Visit the National Park Service website to learn more about accessibility at the Arch grounds.