The Gateway Arch and Gateway Arch Riverboats are more popular during certain times of the year, depending on the weather and during holidays and school vacations. Please use these tips to make your trip more relaxing and enjoyable.
During construction, the Old Courthouse will serve as the temporary Ticketing and Visitor Center for the Gateway Arch. Please allow extra time to arrive at the Arch and the Gateway Arch Riverboats. Up-to-date directions and detour information can be found here.
Planning Ahead for Your Group Visit
- To enjoy your activities, please allow 60–90 minutes for each.
- Please call 877-982-1410 to make reservations for events at the Gateway Arch, Old Courthouse and Gateway Arch Riverboats as early as possible, so we can better accommodate your group. Our Call Center is open:
- Summer (Memorial Day weekend–Labor Day weekend), Monday–Saturday, 8am–8pm and Sunday, 8am–6pm
- Winter (Labor Day weekend–Memorial Day weekend), Daily, 9am–5pm
- Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
- During high call volume times, we recommend that you email email@example.com or fax 314-335-3425 your group reservation request. Alternatively, you may fill out our Group Inquiry Form online and a sales agent will contact you.
- Advance payment is required in full 10 business days before your group’s visit, unless prior arrangements have been made with the appropriate sales manager. We gladly accept cash, organizational/corporate checks, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.
- For every 19 tickets purchased, the 20th ticket is complimentary. This applies to the Journey to the Top of the Arch Tram Ride (including Monument to the Dream movie, based on availability), Arch Entry-Only Ticket (including Monument to the Dream movie, based on availability), One-Hour Sightseeing Cruise, Skyline Dinner Cruise and some specialty cruises. See full details about pricing here.
- The $3 National Park Entrance fee for Gateway Arch attractions is waived for all bona fide educational groups.
- The tram ride to the top of the Arch is one of our most popular activities. Purchase tickets in advance to avoid lines at the Ticketing and Visitor Center at the Old Courthouse. Allow 30–45 minutes for security checks. Due to security measures at the Gateway Arch, all visitors to the Arch must pass through an airport style security checkpoint. No weapons--including firearms, knives, pepper spray, mace, or electronic weapons--are allowed. If you have pre-purchased your tram ticket, please arrive at least 30 minutes before your tram time.
- Please note that throughout construction:
- Capacity of the entire Gateway Arch facility is limited. EACH guest planning to enter the Gateway Arch will be required to have EITHER a Journey to the Top ticket OR an Arch Entry-Only ticket to be allowed access to the facility.
- A Journey to the Top ticket includes the tram ride to the top as well as the documentary film, Monument to the Dream (based on availability). For guests NOT wanting to ride the tram to the Top of the Arch, the Arch Entry-Only ticket will allow access to the Gateway Arch facility and includes admission to the documentary film (based on availability).
- The Museum of Westward Expansion is unavailable. Educational programs and exhibits about westward expansion are available at the Old Courthouse, while the new museum and visitor center are under construction.
On the Day of Your Group Visit
- Due to construction, please allow extra time to arrive at the Gateway Arch. Directions and detour information can be found here.
- Your group leader or group representative should take a printed confirmation of the reservation, with an exact count of adults and children in the group, to the Will Call window in order to pick up tickets. Will Call is at the Ticketing and Visitor Center located in the Old Courthouse at 11 North 4th Street, St. Louis, MO 63102.
- Please allow at least 15 minutes to walk from the Old Courthouse to the Gateway Arch.
- For Gateway Arch activities, arrive at least 30–45 minutes before the start of the activity to allow adequate time to go through security. For riverboat cruises, arrive at scheduled boarding times.
- The Jefferson National Expansion Memorial spans several blocks, so please wear comfortable shoes.
- Bring a camera, as you will encounter many photo opportunities and magnificent views during your visit to the Gateway Arch, Old Courthouse and Gateway Arch Riverboats.
- If your group is traveling by bus, find directions and bus drop-off information here.
- If your group is driving, find directions and suggested parking here.
For last-minute questions and concerns please contact the Call Center at 877-982-1410:
Summer (Memorial Day weekend–Labor Day weekend), Monday–Saturday, 8am–8pm and Sunday, 8am–6pm
Winter (Labor Day weekend–Memorial Day weekend), Daily, 9am–5pm Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
We look forward to your group’s visit to the Arch!