The Gateway Arch Indoor Facility will be Temporarily Closed | Monday, January 4, 2016 until late March 2016
If you’re planning to visit the Arch and take a Journey to the Top tram ride this winter, please be advised that all indoor activities at the Arch, including entrance indoors, tram rides, Monument to the Dream movie showings and shopping at the Arch Store, will be temporarily suspended January 4, 2016 until late March 2016 (re-opening date TBA)
Don't worry! There are still plenty of ways to get your Arch fix! Here are a few ideas:
• Visit the monument's exterior! Pedestrian Access to the Arch’s South Leg exterior will be available via Walnut Street Bridge, located at Memorial Drive and Walnut Street near the Old Cathedral.
• Take in the Arch from the riverfront! Access to the Mississippi riverfront via the Arch Grand Staircase will remain open.
• Get a peek at the CityArchRiver outdoor construction progress with the brand-new observation platform in the newly opened Luther Ely Smith Square, located just east of the Old Courthouse.
• Watch Monument to the Dream at the Old Courthouse! This award-winning documentary that details the construction of the Gateway Arch will show daily throughout the day, for free. (11 North Fourth Street, St. Louis)
• Visit the Old Courthouse’s free exhibit galleries focusing on early St. Louis, Lewis and Clark’s Corps of Discovery expedition and the settlement of the Great Plains, in addition to its newly restored historic courtrooms.
• Take part in the Old Courthouse’s many free visitor programs such as Art & Music at the Old Courthouse and the Family Fun program. Visitors interested in participating in any of these programs should inquire with the ranger at the Information Desk in the Old Courthouse Rotunda for more information.