BEEP, BEEP, BEEEEEEP! LET’S GO BLUES!
If you’ve ever attended a St. Louis Blues home hockey game, you know that after leaving Scottrade Center, this mantra is sure to be replaying over and over in your head. The Blues are celebrating their 50th anniversary year (the franchise’s first game was on October 11, 1967), and we are excited to commemorate this milestone with them. Test your Blues trivia or impress your friends with your knowledge of all things St. Louis Blues with these factoids below!
- Bernie Federko is the Blues’ all-time leader in games played at 927.
- Brett Hull is the team’s all-time leading scorer, with 527 goals.
- Who was in the penalty box the most often? That’d be Brian Sutter, who spent 1,786 minutes chillin’ in the box.
- Who leads the Blues in hat tricks? That would be Brett Hull, again, with 27 of ‘em.
- What goalie leads the team in shutouts? Brian Elliot does, with 25.
- Mike Liut spent a whopping 20,010 minutes defending the net, the most of any goalie.
- Who is the winningest Blues goalie? Mike Liut, with 151 wins under his belt.
(All facts courtesy of the St. Louis Blues.)
Be sure to check out the St. Louis Public Library’s new exhibit honoring the St. Louis Blues, "50 Years of Blood, Sweat and Cheers,” currently on display at the Central Library in downtown St. Louis.